Functional Disability Evaluation (RFC Test)
MEASURAbilities, LLC (formerly Sandy Goldstein & Associates) realizes that all too frequently, disability determination decisions are made with no objective data. Whether you are an individual that has been denied or cut off, an attorney needing valid and reliable data for your SSI, STD, LTD case or anyone else that is trying to measure an individual’s function due to a disability case. We can help!
Our Functional Disability Evaluation can and should be used to provide measurabilities for Social Security Disability, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability determinations.
The Functional Disability Evaluation is designed to provide focused measurabilities in the areas typically requested by SSA or disability carriers. We are able to modify the individual test protocols to suit specific carriers as indicated. Disability forms will be completed for the referral source based on the results of the evaluations performed. Supplemental reporting is provided upon request.
Standard Protocol includes:
- Baseline health history;
- Vitals (seated heart rate, pulse oximetry, respiratory rate, and blood pressure);
- Functional range-of-motion/flexibility/muscle strength;
- Standing/walking/ and sitting tolerance;
- Finger dexterity/wrist-finger speed;
- Total-body & manual dexterity;
- Forward and overhead reaching;
- Grip/pinch/pull strength;
- Agility/dynamic balance;
- Aerobic capacity (endurance/work frequency);
- Lift/carry strength.
Areas not tested include subjective pain rating, sensation, validity and consistency, job specific simulation, recommendations.